Russia-Ukraine war started in the month of February 2022 Continues in the year 2023 as well. In this war that has been going on for more than 11 months, Ukraine can now have such a weapon, with the help of which it can be able to give a tough fight to Russia. Actually Germany is going to give its Leopard-2 tank to Ukraine. This tank is so powerful that with its help the war between Ukraine and Russia can become more fierce.
According to German media, Chancellor Olaf Scholz has agreed to give Leopard-2 tanks to Ukraine. According to Sky News, the German government has decided to send several Leopard tanks to Ukraine. Apart from this, Germany’s Foreign Minister Anna Berbok said, ‘If Poland or any European country wants to give Leopard-2 tanks to Ukraine, they can. We will come in his way’.
Why Ukraine needed tanks
It has been more than 11 months since the Russia-Ukraine war. Till now not only lakhs of people have lost their lives in this war. Rather, many big cities of Ukraine have also been destroyed. In such a situation, to defeat Russia, Ukraine had been demanding this German-made tank from western countries for a long time.
Ukraine has demanded more than 300 tanks, 500 infantry fighting vehicles and more than 700 new artillery systems from western countries as help. Ukraine believes that if the West helps them with arms, they will be able to free their land from the clutches of the Russian army.
Why is this tank in demand
Leopard tank has shown its amazing in the battle of Afghanistan and Syria. Ukraine is also desperate to bring it to its country because two-thirds of this tank has been manufactured in Europe only. This will make the delivery of tanks easier and it can also be repaired easily.
What is Leopard-2 tank?
The Leopard tank was first made in the year 1970 to defeat the M48 Patton made in America. However, this tank was so effective that within a few years it became famous in all the countries of the world along with Europe. This tank is called all-rounder due to many features.
- Leopard-2 is one of the best battle tanks in the world. This tank is also excellent in terms of fire power, protection and speed.
- The weight of this tank is 55 tonnes and four soldiers can sit in it.
- Leopard-2 Tank Has a range of about 500 kilometers i.e. 310 miles, it can run at a speed of about 68 kilometers per hour.
- The first variant of the Leopard-2 tank came into service in the year 1979. The length of the first tank was 11 meters. So far its four variants have arrived.
- This tank is fitted with a 120 mm smooth bore gun. Apart from this, this tank also has a digital fire control system.
- One of the specialties of the tank is that even if it is attacked by the enemy during its use, the soldiers sitting inside would remain safe. are.
According to the CNN report, Dmitry Peskov, the spokesman of the Kremlin of Russia’s presidential palace, threatened Ukraine in one of his statements, saying, ‘If Western countries directly or indirectly send weapons to Ukraine, they will be responsible for what happens next. .
Vyacheslav Volodin, speaker of the Russian Parliament Duma, also said in a statement, “If weapons are supplied to Ukraine. So they will attack the citizens living in the cities of Ukraine and take those areas under control."