EPFO e-Nomination: A small part of the income of every employed person is deposited in the account of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization. Any account holder can withdraw the amount deposited in the PF account according to his need at the time of emergency. At the same time, after the retirement of the PF account holder, the entire amount deposited in the account can be withdrawn in lump sum. In such a situation, the money deposited in PF is a big support for the employed people during emergency. Employees Provident Fund Organization also provides the benefit of insurance cover to its subscribers under Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI) 1976. If a subscriber dies during the job, then in such a situation the nominee gets an insurance cover of up to Rs 7 lakh.
The amount received under the EDLI scheme depends on the last 12 months salary of the account holder. 8.33 percent of the amount deposited in PF account is deposited in EPS, 3.67 percent in EPF and 0.5 percent in EDLI scheme. If an account holder dies due to any illness or accident, then his family can get an insurance claim of up to Rs 7 lakh.
Why is it necessary to be a nominee?
EPFO advises its account holders to register nominee from time to time. For this you do not have to visit EPFO’s office. You can do this work sitting at home only through e-nomination. If an account holder dies due to the completion of the nomination process, then it is easier for his family to take advantage of the EPF, EPS and EDLI schemes. Nominee can easily complete the claim process only through his ID. On the other hand, in the absence of a nominee, the legal heir has to get the money by giving his Succession Certificate, which is quite complicated. Let us know about the process of e-nomination in EPFO-
Online process of making EPFO e-nomination-
- First of all visit the e-service portal www.unifiedportal-mem-epfindia.gov.in for EPFO e-nomination.
- Next login by entering UAN and password.
- Then upload the passport size on the option of View Profile.
- Further complete the process of e-nomination by clicking on Manage section.
- Fill your nominee’s name, date of birth, Aadhaar number, bank details etc.
- Next, OTP will come on the registered mobile number linked to Aadhaar, enter it.
- The process of EPFO e-nomination will be completed as soon as OTP is entered.
read this also-
Budget 2023: Time, time, method changed – changed from paper to tab, know how the long journey of the country’s budget passed