Pitru Paksha 2022 Purnima-Pratipada Shradha: Pitru Paksha is starting from 10 September 2022 (Shradha paksha 2022 date) i.e. tomorrow which will last till 25 September 2022 (sarva pitra amavasya 2022 date). In the Shraddha Paksha, the ancestors come to earth and bless their family, in such a situation, to please them, one should do tarpan, pind daan and charity for 15 days. It is believed that one who performs Shradh on the date of his death, all the problems of his life end. With the blessings of ancestors, no harm comes to the family. This time there is a 16-day Shradh. On the first day, on 10 September 2022, the full moon and Pratipada tithi will be Shradh. Let us know in which Muhurta the method of Tarpan and Shradh should be done on the first day.
Pitru Paksha 2022 Purnima-Pratipada Shradha muhurat
Kutup Muhurta is considered to be the best for offering tarpan and Shradh for the ancestors. Qutup Kaal is the eighth Muhurta of the day. Tarpan done in the afternoon gives wonderful results, due to which the Pitru Dev is soon pleased and his soul gets peace.
Qutup Muhurta – 11:59 am – 12:49 pm, duration – 50 minutes
Rohin Muhurta – 12:49 pm – 01:38 pm, Duration – 50 mins
noon time – 01:38 pm – 04:08 pm, duration – 02 hours 29 minutes
- Bhadrapada Purnima begins – 9 September 2022, 06.07 pm
- Bhadrapada Purnima ends – 10 September 2022, 03.28 pm
- Ashwin Pratipada date start – 10th September 2022, 03.28 pm
- Ashwin Pratipada date ends – 11 September 2022, 01.14 pm
Pitru paksha shradha-Tarpan vidhi
- In Pitru Paksha, the Shraddha of Purnima Tithi is done on the full moon day of Bhado. On this day, apart from the ancestors, there is a law to offer prayers in the name of sages including August Muni. Shradh of Pratipada Tithi will also be done on the same day.
- On this day, before sunrise, take a bath by pouring Ganges water. Take the vow of Shradh of your ancestors and do not take food till the time of performing the Shradh rituals.
- If you are doing Shradh at home, then sit on the ground with your knees facing south in the Qutup Muhurta. Put water, raw cow’s milk, black sesame, barley, in a copper vessel.
- Now meditate on those you are doing Shradh with Kush and water in your hand and invite them by reciting these mantras – Om Agachhantu Mein Pitra and Grahantu Jalanjalim
- With the desire to receive water from the ancestors, drop the water on the earth thrice with the thumb of the right hand. The ancestors are satisfied by giving water.
- Offer the food prepared for the ancestors to the fire. Make kheer essential in the meal. After this Panchbali Bhog, take out food for the cow, dog, crow, ants and the deity.
- Only after the Panchbali Bhog, feed the Brahmin with respect and send him away by giving dakshina. After that eat your own food.
Significance of Pind Daan in Pitru Paksha Pind Daan
Pind Daan has a special significance in Shradh. Indigo is made by mixing rice, milk, ghee, jaggery and honey in it. These bodies are offered to the ancestors by facing the south direction. Then they are thrown into the water. It is believed that 7 generations are saved by donating Pind in Pitru Paksha. Due to this, ancestors get salvation.
Pitru Paksha Shradha rules
- Eat only satvik food for 15 days in Pitru Paksha. Do not consume meat, alcohol at all. The father gets angry on doing this.
- The helpless, poor should not be harassed during Shradh Paksha, it causes Pitra Dosh. Do not insult the elders of the house. help the destitute
- The son has the first right to perform Shradh. However, according to the scriptures, according to the situation, other members of the house like wife, daughter, brother can also perform Shradh.
- Make from pure ghee in the food prepared for the ancestors in Pitru Paksha. Do not perform Shradh by taking loan. Also, performing Shradh after the evening is prohibited.
- If the date of death of the ancestor is not remembered, then on the day of Sarva Pitru Amavasya, do his Shradh and tarpan. During this period, the guests who come home, give food to the poor, animals and birds. It is said that ancestors can come to your door in any form.
Pitru Paksha 2022: What are the mistakes caused by Pitru Dosh, know how to recognize Pitru Dosh in the house and ways to get rid of it
Pitru Paksha 2022: Shradh will not happen on this day in Pitru Paksha, this special coincidence made after 12 years, know the dates of Tarpan
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not endorse any kind of validation, information. Before applying any information or assumption, consult the concerned expert.